Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I'll write*, if you want... (*alright)

After my snowshoeing adventure on Saturday, I decided I needed a day sans crying baby. I woke up Sunday determined to try out the cross country ski's Doctor Houser lent me and hit the trails. Well, I sure hit the trails! I made my way up to Fields Spring State Park (the same place I went snowshoeing) and for a novice XC skiing, I'd say that falling a mere 10 times qualifies as successful. I had an amazing time on my solo-trek and I didn't hug any trees -- which is a good thing (ski's plus trees equals hospital). Anyways, as I made my way up the trails I came across a split -- the most difficult section to my right and unnamed territory trailed (!) to my left. So I went right. Hell, why not! Well, going up sure caused me to work up a sweat, but the view at the top (the Puffer Butte warming hut) blew me away -- almost literally. Words and pictures can't describe the pure beauty of the snow covered peaks. Needless to say, awe's an understatement and gave me reason number 153 of why I love the northwest. As the clouds darkened and snow fell harder, I decided I better head down. I managed to find my way back to Edward in the parking lot and make my way back to Pomeroy. Enjoy the pictures!


  ... I couldn't help myself

No comments:

Post a Comment