Monday, November 1, 2010

Diamond Peak, Umatilla National Forest.


Yesterday afternoon I went for a drive with Ron into the Umatilla with original intentions to "shoot." I mean, if I'm going to drive down the highway and see men walking with shotguns on the side of the road, I should probably get more comfortable around them. At the current moment, the thought of being in a house with a gun just creeps me out -- but uh, it's hard to find a house that doesn't have a gun around here. Anyways, you probably can't tell by this picture, but the wind was blowing around 40 mph, if not more. So, instead of risking a bullet coming around like a boomerang, we hiked around in the snow a few hundred feet up the road until our feet screeched, "We're numb!" Or, maybe I just used the wind as my excuse to not have to touch those guns...

No comments:

Post a Comment