Sunday, November 7, 2010

Holy sheep* this is amazing! (*while driving by a field of 200ish sheep eating donut described below)


Let me tell you about why this donut and coffee surpasses any I've EVER had... and why I chose to tell you about it before I wrote about some actual intellectual material I learned at the conferences I attended. Because, lets be serious, food comes before just about everything else in life. 
It all began on Saturday morning in Seattle. Alarm set for 7. Woke up at 8. Out of the house at 9. Determined. I wanted a great breakfast. Something fantastic. I spent about 2 hours the night before researching some organic, eco-loving cafes in the Fremont area. Hard to find, I know. Well, my search led me to Lama G's and Mighty O Donuts. Now, I heard of Mighty O's before, but Lama G's intrigued me. So I figured I'd grab a breakfast sandwich first then get a donut and coffee for the road. Definitely should have went with just the donuts... 
*         *         *
So here I am, over the Snoqualmie Pass and needing gas. I stop in Cle Elum, a small town in central Washington. It's about lunchtime after I find a really neat consignment shop so I decide to indulge in my Good ol' Glazed donut. Now, I already downed my coffee. I'm not sure what roast I drank, but with the little soy milk I added, incredible. Phew. Wow. Just thinking about it gives me butterflies in my stomach... and I think, by golly, is that... is that growling I hear? I probably shouldn't think about this too long....
Anyways. The donut. When I say phenomenal in every way possible, I mean phenomenal in every way possible. It had the perfect amount of crisp to spongy, moist inside. The glaze had a fantastic hard, but soft consistency. With each bite, I anticipated the next knowing it would taste equally as enjoyable. Fresh. Organic. Amazing. Delightful. That's what the donut tasted like. My mouth waters thinking about it...
You should really check out their website and see the other types of donuts they have and also their mission. Quite awesome. They even have vegan donuts. Really, can Seattle get any cooler? Do you understand why I sincerely love the west coast way of life -- more specifically Seattle? Everyone rides their bikes, genuinely cares about their Mother (... nature), loves animals and veggies, and makes a mean cup of coffee. Oh, and the perfect combination of mountains and water. 
Is this the real world or am I dreaming? 

Check it out :: Mighty O' Donuts -- http://www.mightyo.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment